Wednesday, September 2, 2009

$#!+HOUSE INSPIRATION


David and I created this throne of an outhouse in a mere one day. One extremely hot, sweaty, melting-in-the-middle-georgia-heat-of-the-late-august-sun hot day!! Did I mention all the boards we used had to be nailed together because none were over 4 feet long....? so yeah. It was awesome. Obviously this didn't include the time it takes to dig a pit, but hey! It was my first shot at any kind of from-scratch, found-object construction. We are (rightfully) proud of our creation, which has since been added to by woofers and is still lovingly used to this day.

2 comments:

  1. I have an endless supply of shipping pallets (aka wood) through my work. It we ever want to start breaking them down an keeping the wood for projects such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to setup a date to head up there and do this. I can't wait to build an outhouse and then take a big shit in it. YAAA!!!

    ReplyDelete